How to Report

Home » Family/Youth » Youth » Child Safety » How to Report

How to Report

Sexual Abuse of a Minor

If you or anyone you know has been sexually abused as a minor by a bishop, priest, deacon, or Church employee or volunteer, we encourage you to report the abuse to the NH Division of Children, Youth & Families (“DCYF”) at (800) 894-5533.

If you are a member of the clergy or a Church employee or volunteer and suspect that a current minor has been sexually abused by a bishop, priest, deacon, or Church employee or volunteer, you must report your suspicions to:

DCYF: (800) 894-5533 and
Local law enforcement and
Bishop’s Delegate for Ministerial Conduct: or (603) 663-0128

Mandatory Reporting Requirements for Church Personnel 

Requisitos De Denuncia Obligatoria - En Español 

Sexual Harassment, Sexual Exploitation, or other Misconduct Involving Adults

The Diocese of Manchester Code of Conduct prohibits sexual harassment, sexual exploitation, and other adult misconduct. If you wish to report misconduct involving a bishop, priest, deacon, or Church minister, employee, or volunteer, contact the Delegate for Ministerial Conduct at or 669-3100 x 149.

How to Report Bishop Misconduct/Abuse

On March 16, 2020, the Catholic Church in the United States established CBAR, the Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting Service. CBAR is an independent, third-party reporting system managed by Convercent, an ethics and compliance company. To report allegations of sexual abuse of a minor or vulnerable adult by a bishop, or intentional cover-up of sexual abuse by a bishop go to: or call (800) 276-1562.

Victim Assistance Coordinator

The Victim Assistance Coordinator offers pastoral support, outreach, and professional assistance to those who have been affected by sexual abuse by those who minister in the Church. Pastoral response and assistance are provided in an accepting and compassionate manner and with the highest regard for privacy and respect. 

Resources for Parishes

button respond

Click on the image above for an overview on how to respond to child sexual abuse.

Reporting Cards


To order reporting cards contact Eve Mongeau at

Child Safety Links for Parish Websites

Parishes and schools are asked to inform adults about the procedures for reporting suspected abuse. An easy way to do this is to post the following graphic link on your website:

How to Report Abuse

Link to:

Here is another graphic that can be used on your website to link to our online child safety training, Safe Haven.

button OnlineChildSafetyTrainingLink to: