Natural Family Planning
Natural Family Planning is just what it sounds like: a 100% natural way for spouses to plan the size of their family. It is an extremely effective method for achieving, or temporarily avoiding, pregnancy, depending on the couple’s situation and intent.
It’s not something added superficially to the relationship. Rather, Natural Family Planning is simply a means for couples to further embrace the God-given gift of fertility they already enjoy within the context of the Sacrament of Matrimony.
CLICK HERE for information about local NFP methods and instructors.
Nine Reasons to Say Yes to Natural Family Planning
- It's effective. NFP is as effective to avoid pregnancy as any other method of family planning, including the birth control pill when taught and used correctly.
- Enhances a couple’s relationship.
- Respects Life from the moment of conception.
- It's more than a birth control method. NFP can be effective with assisting in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility, miscarriage, ovarian cysts and PMS.
- More effective to achieve pregnancy than artificial reproductive technologies, including IVF, for couples experiencing infertility.
- An investment in your future because they can be used during the your entire procreative life, to plan or avoid pregnancy, coming off of hormonal contraception, breastfeeding, post-partum, Perimenopause or any other situation.
- A valuable gynecological and health record because of the daily tracking of signs of fertility.
- A healthy alternative for health-conscious couples.
Have you heard about the new Women’s Wellness and Fertility Care Center at Catholic Medical Center?
The WWFCC is a full spectrum OBGYN practice that also specializes in Natural Procreative Technology and support for women and their families in their practice of natural family planning. Hear from Dr. Sarah Bascle in the video above as she explains the state of the art care offered at the WWFCC!