Full-Time Parish Secretary
Saint Raphael Parish, Manchester, NH
Saint Raphael Parish, a Benedictine Catholic parish in Manchester, NH, seeks a full time parish secretary. The candidate will be a Catholic in good standing and be responsible for the daily operation of the parish office. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answering and responding to telephone inquiries, booking mass intentions, funerals, etc.
- Greeting and assisting visitors
- Creating and maintaining pastor’s parish and college calendars
- Opening and routing incoming mail
- Preparing parish bulletin, calendar, special programs and documents as needed
- Data entry into ParishSoft system
- Maintaining and monitoring filing system as well as permanent records
- Ordering office supplies as well as liturgical supplies when needed
The following duties will occur pending transition of individual to aforementioned responsibilities:
- Scheduling of music ministry personnel
- Scheduling of liturgical ministries
- Will be detail-oriented and must have excellent organizational skills, with the ability to understand and follow instructions, as well as work independently.
- Will have knowledge of general office procedures, familiarity with office equipment and excellent spelling and grammatical skills.
- Will have a minimum of a high school degree, associate’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word applications (word, publisher), database and Google drive applications, email and internet
- Accounting experience preferred; general bookkeeping duties a plus
- Willingness to learn new software and procedures
- Will be mature, courteous and able to interact well with others and use discretion where appropriate. As a visible representative of the parish and sometimes the only person in the office, this person should put the interest of the parish first in all actions and communications with others. Cordial and effective communication with priests,parishioners, vendors, committee members, and diocesan office personnel is an ongoing necessity.
Salary commensurate with work experience. Hours: Full time Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: Admin@st-raphael-parish.org. No telephone calls, please.
Part-Time Director of Faith Formation
St. Peter Parish, Auburn, NH
St. Peter Parish in Auburn is seeking a part-time Director of Faith Formation. This person will be responsible for running the Family of Faith Program by Sophia Institute Press.
Responsibilities include: administering the K-5 faith formation and sacramental preparation programs (first reconciliation in grade 2, Confirmation and Holy Eucharist in grade 3); recruiting volunteers; teaching adults and children; and working with families who do not fit into the traditional religious education framework. Various administrative tasks will also be assigned as necessary.
The position will involve between 20 to 25 hours per week. Candidates will need to be available on some nights and weekends.
Salary commensurate with experience.
If interested, please submit a resume with two letters of recommendation to: Rev. Michael Gendron, Pastor, firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing it to St. Peter Parish, 567 Manchester Road, Auburn, NH 03032.
Director of Music
Christ the King Parish, Concord, NH
After choosing to delay hiring a new music director at the beginning of the pandemic last year, Christ the King Parish is once again searching for a new full-time Director of Music Ministry. Please help us spread the word!
In consultation with the Pastor and Director of Parish Life, the Director of Music facilitates the development of the worship at Christ the King Parish through music ministry. The director is responsible for the effective planning, coordination, and execution of music within the liturgical celebrations of the parish and other parish programs (such as Alpha). The director is supported by the Coordinator of Liturgy and collaborates closely with the clergy and parish staff.
Visit www.catholicjobs.com/job/10893144449, for a full description of the job position.
If you or a person you know is interested in the position, please email your resume and cover letter to Angela Glendinning by May 31, email@example.com.
The Diocese of Manchester is seeking a full-time Development Manager for the Development and Communications Office. The qualified candidate will work with the Cabinet Secretary for Development and Communications to launch and manage a successful annual Catholic appeal as well as other fundraising efforts for the Diocese of Manchester.
Requirements for this position include; Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Marketing, English, Business, Technology or related field; 5+ years related experience. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the Catholic Church, structures and Church fundraising mechanisms, also preferably this candidate will be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the church. Other requirements include; outstanding verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools. Intermediate experience with Raiser’s Edge is also highly desirable. Travel throughout the state of NH, when safe to do so, will be required.
Interested and qualified candidates should send resume to Chris Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time High School Youth Minister
St. Mary and St. Michael Parish Communities
Newmarket and Exeter, NH
St. Mary and St. Michael Parish Community is a vibrant Catholic community in the New Hampshire seacoast dedicated to bringing people to Jesus and His Church. We are currently seeking a part-time High School Youth Minister to work with youth in the communities of Newmarket and Exeter, New Hampshire. This is a 25 hour per week position, with a significant amount of these hours on evenings and weekends.
The high school youth minister position is responsible for coordinating, planning, and executing all aspects of the high school religious education and ministry programs for the parish community. This includes but is not limited to:
- Building relationships with high school youth and their families in the parish communities
- Working with the Family Formation team on catechesis opportunities for high school students
- Carrying out weekly youth ministry opportunities
- Working collaboratively with other ministries in the parish
- Working with the Young Life organization to bring Young Life Club and Bible Study to the high school community
- Youth trips (March For Life, Service Trip, Steubenville East, Young Life Camp)
Previous experience in youth ministry and/or a related degree preferred.
Applicants are asked to contact email@example.com.
Part-Time Office Assistant
Sacred Heart Parish, Lebanon
Sacred Heart Parish is hiring! Think you would enjoy working in a small office? We're now looking for a part-time office assistant.
20 hours per week to start
Knowledge of Faith necessary
Major duties will include, but are not limited to, general administrative work, paying bills, and maintaining various parish databases.
Please call the office at 603-448-1262 for more information or email your resume and cover letter to Fr. Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housekeeper - 20 hours per week, $14.00 per hour
St. Anne – St. Augustin Parish, Manchester
We are looking for a qualified individual to fill the position of housekeeper. This position is Monday through Thursday. The applicant must be organized and know how to perform the various aspects of “keeping house” such as washing, ironing, vacuuming & dusting, washing floors and windows among the assorted duties. This individual must also be physically able to walk up and down three flights of stairs. The job also includes special cleaning in the Church. If you are interested please call Karen at St. Anne – St. Augustin Parish (603) 623-8809; Monday through Thursday, 8 AM to 3 PM.
Engaged Couples Facilitator
Diocese of Manchester – Family Life Ministries
The Diocese of Manchester is seeking part time Facilitator Couples for our Diocesan Engaged Couple Courses, which may occur remotely or in-person. Facilitator Couples will: (a) be a part of a team of committed Catholic couples; (b) offer enriching presentations from personal experience living the Sacrament of Matrimony and Ascension Press’ Joy Filled Marriage program; (c) guide and support engaged couples through the marriage formation process. At this time, remote courses are offered for 5 consecutive Tuesdays or Thursdays (7-8:30pm); in-person courses may soon be offered, Friday evening (6-9pm) through Saturday (8am-5:30pm, including Mass). Training will be offered for these openings.
If interested, please send a brief description of your interest as a couple in the position along with any relevant experience, and three references (one must be from your pastor) to Giselle North at email@example.com.
DOWNLOAD the full job description.
Diocese of Manchester, Manchester, NH
The Diocese of Manchester (DOM), NH is actively seeking a part time (28 hrs per week) bookkeeper. This position’s main responsibility is to work with multiple parishes and schools to provide bookkeeping services
Some of the essential duties include: providing bookkeeping services, assisting pastors in complying with all Diocesan finance policies, teach and train Parish and school staff concerning Parish accounting Record weekly collections and other cash receipts, process payments to vendors, maintain vendor files, process and review expense reimbursements to Parish employees and prepare payroll. A Bachelor degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience preferred. Three to five years’ experience as a bookkeeper or accountant or equivalent experience desired. Experience in the use of QuickBooks, ConnectNow and other financial/payroll software desired. Please refer to the job description for full details of the position. Qualified applicants may send their resume to Chris Hagen, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Employment Opportunities in Ministry
Catholic Charities New Hampshire
View job opportunities with Catholic Charities New Hampshire here.
Catholic Medical Center
View information on careers with Catholic Medical Center here.