Custodian/Maintenance Position Opening
St. Pius X Parish in Manchester is a Catholic parish of about 1200 families with its campus on Candia Road. We are looking for an experienced (3 to 5 years) custodian/maintenance person to join the parish staff. If you look to work in an environment that respects and affirms faith values as it promotes the mission of the Catholic Church, this position might be for you. The position is for 30 hours per week with health benefits pays a competitive hourly rate.
Essential Job functions:
- Assures the church and other parish buildings are maintained in a clean and orderly manner. Accomplishes this by mopping and vacuuming floors, cleaning bathrooms and washing windows. Also maintains church wood furniture that requires oiling and general maintenance.
- Assures the grounds are maintained in a clean and safe manner (weeding , pruning and raking on a seasonal basis). Responsible for snow removal with snow moving equipment (blower) and hand shovels, blowing walkway, entrances/exits, and stairs.
- Performs light maintenance of the church, parish center, rectory, and other church buildings. Accomplishes this by doing light carpentry work and minor repair work on facilities as needed such as refinishing floors (strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors,) painting, changing lightbulbs, and when decided by the Pastor, identifies a professional service to accomplish the maintenance or repairs.
- Use and maintain power equipment and hand tools needed for property care and fulfillment of duties.
- Provides other general assistance as needed through setting up chairs, tables in the facilities as requested, hauling and moving items and/or other equipment as requested by office staff.
- Assures the collection and disposal of trash and garbage in all buildings.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies for cleaning, bathrooms and lighting, and coordinates the ordering of supplies with office staff.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your résumé to Father Georges de Laire at 575 Candia Road, Manchester, NH 03109 or by email at email@example.com.
Engaged Couples Facilitator
Diocese of Manchester – Family Life Ministries
The Diocese of Manchester is seeking part time Facilitator Couples for our Diocesan Engaged Couple Courses, which may occur remotely or in-person. Facilitator Couples will: (a) be a part of a team of committed Catholic couples; (b) offer enriching presentations from personal experience living the Sacrament of Matrimony and Ascension Press’ Joy Filled Marriage program; (c) guide and support engaged couples through the marriage formation process. At this time, remote courses are offered for 5 consecutive Tuesdays or Thursdays (7-8:30pm); in-person courses may soon be offered, Friday evening (6-9pm) through Saturday (8am-5:30pm, including Mass). Training will be offered for these openings.
If interested, please send a brief description of your interest as a couple in the position along with any relevant experience, and three references (one must be from your pastor) to Giselle North at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOWNLOAD the full job description.
Finance Office Accounting Manager
Diocese of Manchester-Temporalities/Finance
The Diocese of Manchester is seeking a full-time Accounting Manager for the Finance Office. The qualified candidate will work with the Finance Office Team to process daily accounting transactions and record-keeping functions in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles and established internal controls including cash and investment management. The qualified candidate will hold a Bachelor degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience. Ideally the candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience in Fund Accounting and Finance Management.
Requirements for this position include; strong computer skills, proficiency in Database Management Programs and Microsoft Office Suites, a working knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge programs, excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to perform clear account reconciliations. In this fast-paced environment, it is necessary to be able to prioritize, multi-task, work independently and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates should send resume to Chris Hagen, email@example.com.
DOWNLOAD a complete Job Description
Diocese of Manchester, Manchester, NH
The Diocese of Manchester (DOM), NH is actively seeking a part time (28 hrs per week) bookkeeper. This position’s main responsibility is to work with multiple parishes and schools to provide bookkeeping services
Some of the essential duties include: providing bookkeeping services, assisting pastors in complying with all Diocesan finance policies, teach and train Parish and school staff concerning Parish accounting Record weekly collections and other cash receipts, process payments to vendors, maintain vendor files, process and review expense reimbursements to Parish employees and prepare payroll. A Bachelor degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience preferred. Three to five years’ experience as a bookkeeper or accountant or equivalent experience desired. Experience in the use of QuickBooks, ConnectNow and other financial/payroll software desired. Please refer to the job description for full details of the position. Qualified applicants may send their resume to Chris Hagen, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Family Faith Formation Coordinator
St. Matthew Parish in Windham, NH
St. Matthew Parish in Windham, NH is seeking a part time (up to 25 hours per week) Family Faith Formation Coordinator. Working collaboratively with parish ministries, groups, and enthusiastic volunteers, the Coordinator plays a pivotal role in the integration of families with young children (up to grade 5) into all aspects of parish life. The Coordinator works to inspire parents, children, and others through offering a curriculum that focuses on living the Gospel of Jesus Christ as a Catholic in the world today. St. Matthew is a warm and welcoming community of faith, committed to sharing the love of Jesus with others – join us in the joy of the Lord! This position has flexible hours and a family-friendly work environment. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than September 21, 2020.
Other Employment Opportunities in Ministry
Catholic Charities New Hampshire
St. Joseph Residence, serving the Sisters of Presentation of Mary, is currently looking to fill the following positions:
FT & PT Dietary Aides
Full and part time positions available, every other weekend required.
Prior food service experience is preferred but not required. Some of your tasks will be setting up meal trays and serving meals to our residents as well assisting with clean up.
Full-time Housekeeper position available, every third Saturday Required. Our ideal candidate must be dependable, self-motivated, able to work independently and be meticulous in the level of service provided to our residents.
Would you like the ability to spend quality 1:1 time with each resident? We can offer you that! Our impressive resident to employee ratio allows you to thrive by focusing on providing quality care which is fundamental to our person-centered care philosophy. Come join our excellent team of professionals to help meet the medical, social and spiritual needs of the people we serve.
St. Joseph Residence, NH, is a 22-bed facility providing care to the Presentation of Mary Sisters in a warm and supportive atmosphere where residents are attended to according to their individual needs. We are proud to be a part of Catholic Charities New Hampshire’s continuum of care.
We currently have full time and part-time openings for LNAs on our 1st and 2nd shifts as well as Baylor position. We offer a quiet, low key and friendly work environment with generous benefits, including 401(k) plan, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off, along with other fringe benefits.
In addition to standard LNA duties, job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in and receive report from the licensed nurse at the beginning and end of assigned shift
- Maintain awareness of care plans daily to ensure the provision of appropriate care
- Observe residents frequently during assigned shift to ensure all personal care needs are being met
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident-related care information to ensure HIPAA compliance
- Treat residents with kindness and dignity while respecting resident rights and privacy at all times
- Encourage residents to develop and maintain independence and highest level of functioning in all activities of daily living
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Graduate of an approved Nursing Assistant Training Program and currently licensed as a Nursing Assistant in good standing with the State of New Hampshire Board of Nursing
- High school graduate or GED
- Must be punctual, dependable and demonstrate compassion and patience
- Excellent communication skills and a command of the English language
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
Pay is based on experience and we offer a great work environment with generous benefits for full-time employees. Benefits start at 30 hours or more include health, dental, life and disability insurance as well as paid time off.
You must have reliable transportation and be able to clear a background check and drug test. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
CLICK HERE to apply now, or call Linda McCann at 603-668-6011.
St. Joseph Residence
495 Mammoth Road
Manchester, NH 03104
View other job opportunities with Catholic Charities New Hampshire here.
Catholic Medical Center
View information on careers with Catholic Medical Center here.