World Youth Day NH
The National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) provides the following awards as a service to dioceses to help promote and advocate for youth ministry leadership. The purpose of these awards is to recognize adults and youth who have contributed consistently and creatively on the parish/school and diocesan levels. The hope is that we will encourage young people and adults to serve the church in the area of youth ministry.
In light of the current pandemic, there will be no Diocesan Youth Award Celebration this program year. Parishes will present the awards during any Sunday liturgy between Sunday, May 16 – June 6, 2021.
Who is eligible?
Diocesan Adult Award — Companions on the Journey
Those adults who have been active members in parish, school, and/or diocesan activities for youth for at least five years are eligible for this award.
Diocesan Youth Award — St. Timothy Award
Those young people who have been active members in parish, school, and/or diocesan activities for youth for at least one year are eligible for this award. This person must be a junior or senior in high school during the 2020-2021 academic year.
Companions on the Journey
Highest recognition from the NFCYM for a diocese to confer on adults who demonstrate:
- Excellence in youth ministry as reflected in Renewing the Vision
- Commitment to ongoing education and formation
- Longevity in ministry
- Commitment to young people
- Outstanding leadership at the local and/or diocesan level
St. Timothy Award
Highest recognition from the NFCYM for a diocese to confer to a junior or senior in high school who:
- Lives as a disciple of Christ, setting a positive example for other youth
- Witnesses to their faith by exhibiting Catholic morals and integrity
- Demonstrates Gospel values through service to others
- Exhibits Christian leadership in parish, school, and/or community settings
Photos from World Youth Day 2018.
Photography by Matthew Lomanno. If you would like to order prints, please contact the photographer directly via his website.