Home » Family/Youth » Diocesan Youth & Young Adult Events
Diocesan Youth & Young Adult Events
Diocesan Youth Conference
Saturday, November 16, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
What is the Diocesan Youth Conference?
The Diocesan Youth Conference is an event held each calendar year to gather middle and high school youth from all 89 parishes located in the Diocese of Manchester to one central location. The Conference is a highly energetic, engaging, and awesome opportunity for our middle and high school teenagers to gather as a larger Church community and celebrate the amazing richness of our Catholic Christian faith.
What're some highlights of the Diocesan Youth Conference for 2019?
- Keep costs low. With our "Early Bird" registration option, the fee for each youth could be as low as $25.
- Sacraments. Mass will be celebrated at 4:00 p.m. with Bishop Libasci. In addition, the sacrament of reconciliation will be available during the course of the event. There will also be an opportunity for attendees to spend some time in prayer and reflection during adoration.
- Creative Breakout Sessions. We will offer breakout sessions for youth during the course of the day focused on particular topics that have been requested.
Who should attend the Diocesan Youth Conference?
The Conference is open to youth who are in 7th through 12th grade for the 2019 - 2020 academic year. No college-aged students may attend the Youth Conference, although we highly encourage young adults as well as adults to volunteer. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit this page to learn more, or contact Lisa Zolkos (email@example.com, 603-663-0126).
We ask all youth leaders to use appropriate pastoral judgment to determine if their 7th graders are mature enough to socially and spiritually be fully present at the event.
Where and when is the Diocesan Youth Conference?
The Diocesan Youth Conference will be held on Saturday, November 16, 2019, from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., at Bishop Guertin High School in Nashua, NH.
Bishop Guertin High School
194 Lund Rd, Nashua, NH 03060
What is the theme this year?
The theme this year is God's Unconditional Love.
Who are our speakers this year?
Keynote Speaker: Paul J. Kim. Paul J. Kim is an international speaker and beatboxer. He has presented in 44 states and four countries, sharing his hope in Christ through music, motivational talks, and comedy. He has released two music albums, his videos on YouTube have accumulated over a million views, and he presents to 40,000 people a year at events throughout the world. His background includes work as a missionary, youth minister, and a marriage & family therapist. Paul lives in Southern California with his wife, Maggie, and two children, Aubrey and Aiden.
Breakout Speakers: Caitlin Sica, Father Paul Gousse, Spencer Gregory, and Christopher Duffley
What is the registration fee?
Early Bird Discount: $25
Regular Tickets: $30 after October 18
Please note the following:
- Registration closes on November 13, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
- Any registrations not fully completed in the online system will not qualify for the Early Bird rates. This includes any names that are not correctly entered or anything entered as "TBD."
- The Diocese also has needs-based funding for individuals and parishes who need financial support. Please contact Kelly Goudreau (firstname.lastname@example.org, 603-663-0145) for more details.
What does the registration fee cover?
The registration fee covers all activities and lunch. T-shirts will be available for purchase at the event.
What are the requirements for adult chaperones?
For this event, 1 adult is required for every 8 youth who are participating in the Diocesan Youth Conference. In addition, adult chaperones must be at least 21 years of age. Each adult chaperone must be in compliance with the Diocesan Safe Environment Policies, which includes completing the following:
How do I register and what are the registration deadlines?
All youth must register through their parish youth coordinator OR Catholic school coordinator. The registration process includes three steps:
- Permission Form: Print out and distribute the permission forms for YOUTH and ADULT CHAPERONES. A copy should be maintained by the youth coordinator in case of emergency. DO NOT SEND THESE TO THE SECRETARIAT FOR CATHOLIC FAITH FORMATION.
- Register Participants via the Online Registration System: All registrations must be entered online.
- Payments are made through the Online Registration System on Eventbrite.
Will there be caps on registrations this year?
There are NO caps for registration. We ask that you provide at least 1 adult for every 8 youth attendees. If you cannot cover the adult requirement, you are able to partner with other parishes.
Will marketing and promotional materials be available for my parish?
Where do I go for questions or additional support?
For all questions or support, contact the Secretariat for Catholic Formation directly via Kelly Goudreau (email@example.com, 603-663-0145).
Are there sponsorship opportunities available?
Yes! By becoming a sponsor or vendor of SUMMIT, you will assist us in supporting this event as well as helping us in our mission to support young people as they live out their faith in a world surrounded by challenges.
There are a variety of sponsorship levels, so no matter what size your business or company, you can be assured that there is a sponsorship level suited to your desired level of investment.
If you would also like to sponsor someone or simply donate to the event, please CLICK HERE.