Do you like to color or work on crafty projects? Maybe you don't think of yourself as an artist or very creative? I designed these Prayerful Projects for the non-artist. No art background or experience required. Each project invites you to slow down, unplug from social media, and spend some prayerful time while creating and coloring. Look for more Prayerful Projects in upcoming issues of Parable Magazine. Enjoy! ~ Kathryn Costa
Download these templates to create your own keepsake boxes.
This stained glass inspired mandala is available in 22" size, perfect for facilitating a group prayerful coloring activity. Download the file and order an "engineering print" from your local print/copy shop to get the best valued pricing.
Prayer Wheel for Lent
Pull out your scissors and old magazines to create a collage prayer wheel. This Prayerful Project includes collage making tips as well as reflections on the readings and themes for each week in Lent.
An ordinary Mason jar is transformed into a "blessings jar" with this label that you can print and color. Place your blessings jar on your kitchen table along with strips of paper and a pen. Invite your family to record their blessings and surprises on the pieces of paper and tuck them into the jar. In our family, we fill the jar throughout the year and then empty out the jar to read them on New Year's Eve. May your year be filled with many blessings. ~ Kathryn Costa
My journal is a constant companion where I record my thoughts, feelings, and ideas along with quotes and snippets of inspiration. In this project, mandala coloring pages bring to life plain notebooks. These journals make a great gift alone or paired with a book. You'll find book recommendations in the download to get your prayerful journal practice started. Enjoy! ~ Kathryn Costa
Seed of Life Coloring Page
What seeds are you planting in your life? How is your garden growing? These are some of the questions we ponder as we color the Seed of Life Mandala.
Design Your Own Coat of Arms
This prayerful project includes prompts to help you to create a symbol that reminds you of who you are, inspires you to be your best and encourages you during challenging times.
Love Knot Mandala
The design for this mandala is inspired by Celtic knotwork. As you color your "love knot mandala" consider the people in your life who support you and the commitments that you've made.
Labyrinth Coloring Page
In this prayerful project:
- Learn about labyrinths.
- Locate a labyrinth near you.
- Learn how you can "walk a labyrinth" in your journal.
- Print a labyrinth to color.
Be Still Coloring Page
This prayerful project includes
- Reflection on the connection between Psalm 46:12 and the Rosary.
- Link to Pray the Rosary along with Bishop Libasci (audio recording included)
- Learn about the Rosary - includes background, history, and a coloring page for children to learn the Hail Mary.
- Mandala coloring page and journal activity.
Mandala Inspired by a Monstrance
In this Prayerful Project download, you'll get:
- An audio recording of Fr. Joseph Cooper telling the story of how the monstrance was made from the jewelry donated by parishioners.
- Information about prayer and Adoration.
- Prayerful journal exercise.
- Sample presentation for parish gatherings, families, and small groups of all ages.
- Coloring page to print and color.