Catholic Schools Honor Six at Recognizing Excellence Gala
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 27, 2018
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS HONOR SIX AT RECOGNIZING EXCELLENCE GALA
(MANCHESTER, NH)The Most Reverend Peter A. Libasci, Bishop of Manchester, honored six individuals with awards at the annual Recognizing Excellence Gala, held at the Grappone Center in Concord on Thursday, June 21.
The 2018 award recipients are:
- St. John Baptiste de la Salle Teacher of the Year: Kevin DeSaulniers (Presentation of Mary Academy)
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School Leader of the Year: Glenda McFadden, OFS, principal at Nashua Catholic Regional Junior High School in Nashua, NH.
- St. John Vianney Cleric of the Year: Rev. Volney DeRosia, pastor at St. Patrick Parish in Pelham, NH, and Assistant Director of Vocations for the Diocese of Manchester.
- St. Katharine Drexel Community Partner of the Year: Laurel Will, volunteer at St. John Regional Catholic School in Concord, NH.
- Superintendent’s Award: Kate Baker, Executive Director of the Children’s Scholarship Fund New Hampshire.
- Superintendent’s Award: Rev. Richard Kelley, pastor at St. Christopher Parish in Nashua, NH.
David A. Thibault, Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Manchester, said, “The successes of our Catholic schools would not be possible without the commitment of our educators, administrators, clergy, and lay partners in the community. Their selfless support is what allows our students to shine brighter.”
For more information about Catholic schools in the Diocese of Manchester, please visit www.catholicschoolsnh.org.
(L to R), David A. Thibault, Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Manchester, and Kevin DeSaulniers, St. John Baptiste de la Salle Teacher of the Year, at the annual Recognizing Excellence Gala at the Grappone Center in Concord on June 21, 2018. (Photo by Becky Schmidt)
# # #
The Diocese of Manchester is the Roman Catholic Church in New Hampshire, serving the needs of nearly 235,000 Catholics. For more information, please visit www.catholicnh.org/overview.