Child Safety » Resources for Safe Environment Coordinators » Parish Updates
Fall Reminders for Parishes
Safe Environment Coordinators: Here are some tips to prepare for upcoming fall programs and to make sure that all adults who work regularly with minors are in compliance with diocesan policy:
- Obtain the names of new religious education volunteers as soon as they are available.
- Contact your Boy Scout and CYO leaders to let them know that you will need their adult volunteer lists as soon as possible.
- Distribute forms and information to anyone new who will be working with minors this year.
- Remember that volunteers who regularly work with minors must complete background checks within 30 days of beginning their work and training within 45 days. Employees have 30 days to complete everything. Enter the names into the Safe Environment Database for tracking purposes and move to inactive the names of those who are no longer working with minors.
- Check each new name on the sex offender registry www.nsopw.gov.
- Please try to update the database on at least a monthly basis. At a bare minimum,updates are due quarterly and your next update deadline is October 15.
Thank you and please call us if you have any questions or need assistance.
For more information, please contact:
Mary Ellen D'Intino
Director of Safe Environment Programs
Safe Environment Assistant