Child Safety » Resources for Safe Environment Coordinators » Parish Updates
Summer Reminders for Parishes
June and July
- Please update the Safe Environment Database (www.rcbmnh.org) to reflect each person’s current status. The quarterly deadline for all database updates is July 15, 2012. If employees or volunteers have left, please move them to inactive status. Your pending list should only include those who are signed up as summer volunteers and are in the process of completing requirements. Please update any overdue individuals. Send notices to those who have not complied.
- Check your “active” list for anyone who was required to, but did not complete Not on My Watch refresher training. Notify these people through a letter, email, or bulletin announcements that they cannot work with minors in the fall if they do not complete their refresher training by then.
- Make a note on your calendar to include periodic notices in your bulletin about how to report suspected abuse.
- Parish website: Review your website and update any child safety links (check for broken links). You may wish to link to our diocesan child safety pages, CLICK HERE or forms, CLICK HERE.
- If you would like to schedule a live Protecting God’s Children session for the fall, you should contact your area’s trainer. Most new employees and volunteers will want to complete their training online from now on, but you may schedule a live session if you have the need. The trainers have limited availability and are scheduling on a first-come, first served basis.
- Last, if there will be a change in your parish’s Safe Environment Coordinator in the fall, please contact Mary Ellen D’Intino as soon as possible to arrange for your new coordinator to be trained over the summer.
- Begin adding the names of new employees or volunteers to the database for tracking purposes.
- Distribute information to new volunteers explaining the safe environment requirements. (Found here: Instructions )
Have a Happy Summer!