About Us » Consultative Groups
The Bishop of Manchester seeks input from many sources as he leads the diocese. Each Consultative Group has a particular purpose and mission.
- The Diocesan Priest Personnel Board consists of eight priests elected by the presbyterate of the diocese and two members appointed ex officio by the bishop.
- The Diocesan Review Board is an advisory board to the Bishop established in accordance with the USCCB Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People.
- The Finance Council consists of ten members, eight of whom are lay persons.
- The Pastoral Council consists of lay, clergy, and religious.
- The Presbyteral Council consists of priests elected by their peers, appointed by the bishop, as well as some ex officio priests.
- The Safe Environment Council consists of one representative from each of the nine deaneries who is recommended by the Dean and appointed by the Bishop to a three year term.